It has been a while since I have posted on the blog and I am really excited that the busyness of the holidays are over and I have some time to do some crafting again. I made this last night: it was inspired by a new workshop I am taking online with Online Card Classes called Stenciled.
To make this card I used a Hawaiian wave stencil as wind by using the stencil three times on a cream colored cardstock. Each use of the stencil was with a different color of Distress Ink. ( Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass, and Rusty Hinge) I then used Archival Ink in Jet black to stamp the greeting and also the hot air balloon. The balloon is attached to the card using pop dots. I distressed around the edges and added Rusty Hinge Distress Ink around the edges too. Lastly I added a little sparkle with rhinestone circles and a little rhinestone heart.
I was really pleased with how the card turned out and I hope to be able to get a few more made and vary the colors used.
Here a few other creations from class.
I am thinking of using this as a cover to a mini album. It was made using distress ink and a stencil with a leaf pattern. After inking in one shade I flipped the pattern over and inked in a darker shade. I was not sure what I was going to get but was happy and surprised to get a butterfly.
This cute purple card was made from using a stencil for the background and spraying ink over the stencil. I used distress ink in a mini mister and I think I might have added to much water. This caused the bleeding and the warpy lines. I added some washi tape and a friend stamp as embellishments.
I think this might be my favorite project from the day. I Used a scrap piece of paper to make this…it was a test to see if I liked it but it turned out so great that I will eventually attach this to a card. I used a large butterfly stencil. I heat embossed the butterfly, then added distress ink and blended the inks together. I really like the sentiment on the stamp. You can’t have too much happy!
I turned this last project into a tag. I really like the way the gradient looks in orange. I used spiced marmalade distress ink and also a small amount of fired brick. I stamped congratulations onto a plastic sheet. I was not sure what was going to happen because I did not know what kind of plastic I was using. The lettering in heat embossing looks really grungy.